May Mishmash
I have really struggled to get it back together this month. It seems like the lack of spring is translating into a lack of ambition. Nothing new there.
I did work on a project for Mothers' Day:
This is a Screenplay pattern by Nancy Ota . I had the seed packet panels in the stash, and I had bought the green mesh several years ago. I stumbled across the blue in the stash, and that made me put together the panels with the screen!
Of course, there was a lot of screen left over, so I did a zippered pouch with Mom's name on it. She can put her insulin pens and needles in it when she's out and about. It's a machine embroidery file from EmbroideryGarden, text done in Embird . The tissue pouch is from the Sew Thankful newsletter. The ribbon is cute, found it in the scrapbook section at JoAnn's. Goes to show you can never tell where neat stuff will turn up.
And Sister had a birthday, too. More of the green mesh into a zipper bag. I think this fabric coordinates with what we used for the scrap bags. At least, I hope not too far out. Glasses case from a machine embroidery file as well. The print is kitties.
And then my son comes home, and asks, "Mom, can you mend this??"
I think not! Well, perhaps a BIG RED PATCH. My mother would mend it, though. She's a better mom than I am.
And, finally, a finish:
The Tennessee Waltz queen size quilt is done and on a bed. I had to wait to take a picture of it, since son #1 moved into this room temporarily until his rental opened up. Boxes everywhere!
Freehand feathers done on the Little Gracie frame. Fun, when you get the hang of it.
Now that I have a finish, I finally have given myself permission to do the Orange Crush mystery! Guacamole, here we come!!
4 comments:
Wow, beautiful quilt. Love it. Like the bag too, very neat.
I'm with you on the jeans! If you're gonna do that to them learn to fix them yourself!
It looks to me as if you've managed to get lots done. The little bags are cute - isn't it lovely to get something done in just a few days sometimes? The quilt is beautiful. I agree with loulee - your son needs to get busy with the needles and sewing thread or, my own sons' preferences - gaffer tape or the stapler!
I've always wanted to make a tennessee waltz quilt. Yours is beautiful.
There's hope for those jeans. It's called an Apron for MOM!! I saw the cutest apron yesterday at the garden center and luckily the lady who was wearing it allowed me to get up close and personal to it. As soon as I whip one up, I'll post it on my blog. From what I gathered, from the back of the jeans you cut the but portion into a 1/2 apron, then you overcast the edges and add a ruffle. You leave the waste band attached and create additional button holes for sizing of said apron. Yeah, I know, clear as mud...but it looks way cute in my head!!
Love the quilt and bags. At least your son asked for help .... others would just wear them as is; but it wouldn't hurt for him to learn how to handle needle and thread.
Post a Comment