December 7th
Today is the anniversary of a day that will live in infamy. It's also the anniversary of a day that marks a big change in my life.
This is me, in November of 2005. Scary, isn't it?
December 7, 2005, I had a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
December 7, 2005, I had a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
image via Google Images
I lost 80 pounds, of which I have gained back 8, leaving me very close to exactly where my surgeon said I'd end up. I went from a BMI of 42 to 27. Still overweight, but much better.
I lost 80 pounds, of which I have gained back 8, leaving me very close to exactly where my surgeon said I'd end up. I went from a BMI of 42 to 27. Still overweight, but much better.
One of the support newsletters I read asked us to frame our weight loss in terms of number of turkeys, as in multiples of the turkeys we bought to serve for Thanksgiving. I would probably have purchased a 14 pound bird, and I would be packing around 5.7 of those things every step I took. Of course, assuming I did not gain ANY more weight, which was unlikely. I wish I could say I felt like a 26 year old again, but alas, that's probably unrealistic :o)
So despite having difficulties with iron-deficiency anemia, I will have to say I'm happy with my choice. I know my knees are happier!


2 comments:
So pleased you are feeling so much better. You certainly look great!
Caroline
wow!!! great job!!! Congrats to you!!!
Post a Comment