Pizza on the Grill
I found a pizza stone in the clearance section of the World Market store in Sioux Falls, and I've been testing it out. This is my second attempt, and it turned out better than the last one. To be fair, this one is using my home-made crust recipe, and the other one was whole wheat pizza dough from Breadsmith. I let the dough raise longer than I do for oven-baked pizzas. I wanted the grill to get up to 400 degrees, but I could only get it to about 375, so I thought I'd better go for it while I could. (The foil packet is roasting garlic from Sister)
Looking good! After about 7 minutes on the preheated stone, with the cover down. Flipped over and ready for toppings.
Back on the stone, this time without the parchment, as the paper stuck to the cookie sheet I was using to transfer it. Put the lid back on. We were at less than 350 degrees by this time. Steve put twice as many Kingsford briquets as last time, so I am still trying to figure this out.
Mmm. Looks pretty good. I need to work on getting toppings closer to the edges. Although if I don't, it is kind of like getting an order of breadsticks that you get to eat once you're done with the insides of the pizza. The addition of pizza seasoning from KAF makes for good breadsticks! I put the garlic, some red peppers, mushrooms, and the gourmet olives from the olive bar at the grocery store with the pepperoni. This is the "BEFORE" shot.
And the "AFTER" shot. We discussed saving some for Sam. Sucks to be him.
Looking good! After about 7 minutes on the preheated stone, with the cover down. Flipped over and ready for toppings.
Back on the stone, this time without the parchment, as the paper stuck to the cookie sheet I was using to transfer it. Put the lid back on. We were at less than 350 degrees by this time. Steve put twice as many Kingsford briquets as last time, so I am still trying to figure this out.
Mmm. Looks pretty good. I need to work on getting toppings closer to the edges. Although if I don't, it is kind of like getting an order of breadsticks that you get to eat once you're done with the insides of the pizza. The addition of pizza seasoning from KAF makes for good breadsticks! I put the garlic, some red peppers, mushrooms, and the gourmet olives from the olive bar at the grocery store with the pepperoni. This is the "BEFORE" shot.
And the "AFTER" shot. We discussed saving some for Sam. Sucks to be him.
2 comments:
We did this!! tons of fun.... We set up a buffet of toppings and everyone made their own personal pizza.
Mmm, that pizza looks good!
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog.
Happy belated birthday to you and please tell me, how old are your twins?
Post a Comment