New sewing room!
Wouldn't you like to move out of this?? Well, most of the time it wasn't quite this bad, but you know what I mean...
I've been working around some of this for quite a while. The youngest left the nest back in April, and my dear husband suggested I move into his former room. This room is in the basement, with no windows, and very dark. I was reluctant at first, since the room was so very dark, even darker than the room I've been in. At least that one has a window.
Fast forward through some angsty times with light selection and flooring problems, and I'm finally moving in! Take a look with me:
A design wall! This has been on my wish list forever. The Block Butler I had was too small, and the wall space I had was behind the embroidery machine, requiring a step stool to reach over it. It has lost most of it stickiness. In the trash it went! A king size flat flannel sheet from JCPenney clearance covers most of two 1-inch styrofoam insulation boards (you saw them in the first picture). DH used a box extender to put the outlet flush with the surface. Note to self: when you buy extenders, buy the longer screws that you need to install them! One would think they would be packaged together, no?
Look at the lights! Track lighting purchased with the expert help of a fellow sewist at Lessman Lighting of Sioux City, Ia. I highly recommend finding a light store staffed by people who sew!
The flooring is a Shaw luxury vinyl plank product. It feels great to the feet, gave us no trouble with the uneven floor, and cleans up like a dream.
Another peek at the design wall. I love it!
First thing up on the walls... This photo most closely resembles the actual color of the walls. It's a happy color! Pratt & Lambert 10-6 Caramel Tint (Boy, it looks brown on their website). Angie at Barrett's Design Center is a color magician. She will hand me a chip, and I'll ask "really??" Buy the paint and put it on, and it's perfect. Every. Time. So worth the money to not have to repaint.
Little Gracie likes it in here. By some good fortune, she is actually level for the first time ever. You can see my big ironing board in the foreground. I had to stop moving things and play a little.
My stitching apron is hanging, and calling me to play.
I'm not quite done with everything yet. Pegboards still have to be put together and installed, and the embroidery setup needs tweaking. And there's a whole lot of fabric that needs to be organized and moved. I get distracted so easily here. My husband threatens to pull the circuit breaker to the outlets to keep me on track, lol! I'll share the pictures and story behind my cutting table in another post.
Thanks for joining me on my tour!
I'm not quite done with everything yet. Pegboards still have to be put together and installed, and the embroidery setup needs tweaking. And there's a whole lot of fabric that needs to be organized and moved. I get distracted so easily here. My husband threatens to pull the circuit breaker to the outlets to keep me on track, lol! I'll share the pictures and story behind my cutting table in another post.
Thanks for joining me on my tour!

0 comments:
Post a Comment