Repair wrap-up
The repair quilt is complete. I gave it back to Julie Saturday night. Of course, I forgot to take a picture before returning it. I think it turned out well.
The binding turned out rather like large piping, instead of a flat binding. Someone probably should have warned me that double fold french binding doesn't work really well with wool flannel. But it's kinda cool!
Printing the label turned out to be an exercise in patience, and I discovered I was in short supply of patience. I went through a half yard of fabric I'd treated with Bubble Jet Set 2000 to get a stinkin' 5x7 label. I will be trying to repeat the experiment, perhaps with a little valium to grease the patience wheel. ;o)
I finished appliqueing grape leaves for the round robin. I need to trim backing and remove the freezer paper before mailing it away. I have the next one and it is cute cute. Going to try setting blocks skewed to see if that will work. It's nice to push your personal envelope once in a while.
What's your personal envelope? What can you do to push it a little?
1 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comment about my flowers. No fair, we need to see a photo so that it can be decided if it is indeed cr**p as you mentioned!
I couldn't reply to your email as you have a no-reply address.
Post a Comment