Pages

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Update on the repair job

I'm making progress on Julie's quilt. Here's an image of the quilt loading on the frame. I could not get quilting on the frame to work, the batting is just too puffy, and I couldn't keep the edges in line, since they are so wavy and puffy as well. So I decided I would pin baste, then machine quilt with a serpentine stitch along seam lines.


I LOVE this batting! I washed it quick on gentle cycle before basting, and it puffed up just enough to be perfect. It is so soft and fluffy.

I have only about 1/4 of the quilting left to do, then on to the binding. I have the binding all cut and ready to roll, it's in the first picture.

I think I would love to sleep beneath this quilt! It does look rather plain without the turquoise and red yarn now. I'll have to think more about that. I'd love to know what you think...

0 comments:

Thank you for visiting!