Pages

Monday, October 15, 2007

It's my turn...

To be the village idiot. This is that itty bitty santa piece I showed you the other day.
For some reason, I screwed up sewing the binding together. Not once. Not twice. But three times! Pic doesn't show it well, but the bias edges ended up going their own separate ways. In the end, I used a little glue, and a little thread.
It should do in a pinch. If I weren't so lazy tonight, I'd have rotated this picture for you LOL! So plaid binding and a little metallic gold later, I'm giving up on it.

I have to pick the next ufo to tackle. I believe this is the one.
Sharon Hultgren taught this one as a class at Quilt Escape in 2006. Silly me, I embroidered the label with a 2007 completion date, so this one moves to the top of the queue.

Apparently geometry escaped me in designing the label. I wanted to have the bottom two text segments be parallel to the top seam line. Meh. Good enough if I get it done

I thought I'd done the label for this one with a 2007 completion date, but it's not, so this will be 2nd in line. This was one of the cut-em-up 9-patch.

Leftovers from cutting up the 9 patches came together for the label. Still need to piece the back.



2 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Nothing wrong with a little of glue and thread to fix someting! This hanging is not going to get a lot of wear and tear and it looks fine as is and I really do like the plaid that you used for the binding.

Susan said...

I love the way that label looks!

Thank you for visiting!