Stuff in the sewing room
Look what I found lurking in a tote:
This is my very first paper piecing project. I did this in the early '90's, when I was teaching myself how to quilt. I think the blocks were a class at the local shop in Manhattan KS. I've machine quilted it, but it isn't bound. Yet. The batting is too small, it will be a lumpy seam allowance in the binding. The santa's are 2 inches tall. How far I have come!
I also found a package of foundations for these blocks in a 4 inch size. There's 12 of each. If someone wants to send me a SASE (long letter size, 2 ounce) they will be yours.
(Should have turned the picture) I also found some envelopes to put pattern pieces in. These can also be yours for a SASE (5x7 inch, 2 oz). They are big enough for an 8.5 x 11 format pattern to fit in.
I managed to take out a large garbage bag full of garment fabrics for the mission quilts made at church. I also bagged up a bunch of Gutterman thread, since my favorite is now the So Fine from Superior. Cleaned out two shallow totes!
That's my half log cabin loaded on the frame. Makes me queasey to look at it sideways. The quilting is going slowly, as I decided I'd stipple quilt the light parts, so there's lots of stopping and starting and rolling. If I win the lottery, I'm all over a HQ16. Or something similar
1 comments:
What I agreat find. I am interested in the santa's if no one has claimed them. I have sent you an e-mail just let me know.
Post a Comment