Finally, a finish

I finished the handwork last weekend, but just now getting around to photographing. This pattern is from Eleanor Burns. I took a class taught by Sue Bouchard, Eleanor's assistant, at the Quilt Escape. Sue's coming back to teach again this year!
The light colored inner border has fish outlines on them. It turned out it was a directional print, and my first assembly attempt I put all the fish upside down. Looked like mega fish kill! Now most of them are swimming along healthy. The bears are some felted wool flannel I bought in a box at an estate sale.
Next up: basting a modified double wedding ring so I'll have a hand project. I'm working on piecing a backing right now. I thought I had chunks of some 30's repro, but I can't find them, so we are going with some strips I'd cut. Oh well. It's all stash, isn't it?
0 comments:
Post a Comment