Pages

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Weekend wrap-up

My answer to "Mom, where's the..."


The electrician needs to come back and finish installing outlets. Thank goodness the cord's long enough to reach this outlet, or we'd need the big orange extension cord.
More sticky labels. We laid the old counter on the top of the new cabinets until the new counter comes. At least I have a sink. And the coffee pot's not outside.
The cabinet installers were able to make just enough of an adjustment to get the fridge all the way in. It's amazing what a few more inches does to the feel of the space.


To the left of the broom closet is a little cabinet that I bought at a craft fair. Garbage can fits inside. I bought some knobs that match the cabinets, and will replace the white ones, and keep the garbage in there. Seems a shame to put garbage in brand new cabinets.


And the Featherweight belt: I went to Sioux Falls this week for some other errands, and thought I'd check on the belt. The Bernina dealer had a box of generic belts, not marked, so he ended up taking the old belt off to find a match and installing the new belt. So, installation free! The new belt has teeth also, by the way. I also had a frequent buyer card to use up, so I bought a #57 foot for my Bernina 1230, $25 off! Played with it yesterday to put together a few rows of blocks on the Tennessee Waltz quilt top.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Love your new kitchen!

I also enjoyed looking at your UFO's, I'm doing my best to finish up some old projects as well, can't say it will stop me from starting any new ones!

KC Quilter said...

Just discovered your blog and will visit often! Your kitchen is looking wonderful. Wish I could use the 57 foot on my Bernie. It is a 200 that was upgraded to the 730 and I've been told a 57 won't work on these models. Shoot!

Melanie said...

The kitchen is really coming together. What will you do with all of that gorgeous cabinet space????

Thank you for visiting!